Mini chocolate chip waffles! A great way to start the day!
I like meal prepping certain items to keep in my freezer – egg bites, pancakes, quiche, burritos, etc. to be able to heat up in a pinch when I don’t feel like cooking, but need a healthy option.
These mini chocolate chip waffles are perfect for that! I store them in my freezer -so that when I am stumped as to what to make for breakfast – these mini waffles, topped with banana, peanut butter and sugar free syrup is a great way to start the day?
What kind of waffle iron do I use for mini chocolate chip waffles?
If you have a regular sized waffle maker (the kind that cooks 4 at a time) the cooking process will be a lot shorter. I use a mini dash waffle maker – they are available at Target, Walmart, Amazon for $10.
Cooking them one at a time takes a while, but as I was cooking this batch, I organized my pantry and cleaned out my fridge – win win!
Can you make these mini chocolate chip waffles gluten free?
You can definitely make this recipe if you are gluten free by swapping out gluten free flour.
I love Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free flour – I’ve used it in many gluten free recipes and it always turns out great.
You can find it at some grocery stores – or you can purchase from their website.
Chocolate Chip Mini Waffles
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp of PB2 peanut butter powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Splenda for baking
- dash salt
- 1 single serve container Siggis plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Lily's sugar free chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix just enough to combine - do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes. This makes the batter super fluffy.
- Spray a mini dash waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Add a little less than 1/4 cup of batter to the waffle maker.
- Cook until the blue light goes off. If you lift the lid of that waffle maker and the waffle is sticking - it's not done - close the lid and cook for another few minutes.
If you are looking for more breakfast ideas – check out these recipes of mine!
Tag me on Instagram if you make these – leave a comment if you have any questions.
Want to try Weight Watchers to see what it’s all about – use my code to get a month free!