I can’t wait for you to try making these breakfast nachos as part of my “What I Eat in a Day” series! When organizing my pantry – I saw a can of fat free refried beans – ZERO points for me – and I was thinking about what to make with them. I thought about a breakfast burrito, but then I thought – what if I made breakfast nachos?!?!
If you are lucky enough to have access to THE BEST tortilla chips – El Milagro brand – these tortilla chips are large and super thick and crunchy! The best vehicle to hold the toppings!
Let’s Make Breakfast Nachos! What I Eat in a Day!
- 1.5 oz. Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 1/8 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 baby bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup mixed greens chopped for garnish
- Tobasco sauce optional
- Measure out 1.5 servings of tortilla chips on a plate
- Place the refried beans in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- In a small skillet, scramble 2 eggs
- Dice up peppers and onion
- To assemble. Divide the refried beans between the tortilla chips. Divide the srambled eggs between the tortillas chips. Add the diced baby bell peppers and onion on each tortilla. Top with hot sauce, salsa, cheese.
For my afternoon snack – I love having a bunch of things to choose from. I got lots of fruit at the store, so I sliced up an apple (Check out Cosmic Crisp – it’s so sweet and delicious!) I also added a banana, clementine, almonds and Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips.
*I am diabetic, so I have to count points for fruit. Every diabetic is different – I’ve had JUST fruit for breakfast for example, and tested my blood sugar 2 hours later and it’s in the normal range. Every diabetic is different – this WHOLE plate is 10 personal points for me – but what I’m eating is healthy (not 10 points in cheetos! LOL) so don’t worry about spending points on fresh food!
Dinner! Ramen with chicken and brocolli
Click HERE for my recipe for the ramen/chicken/broccoli. To figure out the personal points on WW, for 1/2 a brick of the ramen is 6 points – chicken and the vegetables are zero point foods for me, and the stir fry sauce I use is 2 personal points. Such a great filling dinner for 7 personal points!
That’s a wrap!!
I hope you enjoyed today’s eats! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. My day ended with 26 personal points – I always will eat an after dinner/before bedtime snack if I’m hungry – so don’t ever feel like you can’t have a snack after dinner – you most definitely can!
I would love you to follow me on Instagram @jenncooks and this page with your friends and family who would love ideas of what to eat.
Here are some other recipes you may love!
Fall is almost here! Potato soup!