Today I’m sharing a video of how easy it is to make egg waffles. I’m also sharing another low calorie/low point breakfast idea using the egg waffles.
Jenn’s Egg Waffle Open Faced Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices low card toast I use Today's Temptations Brand Bread
- 1/4 cup fresh kale
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- 4 slices krakus deli ham
- 1 tsp garlic expressions vinaigrette
- I use a mini dash waffle maker, turn on, spray with cooking spray and let heat up for a minute.Crack one egg at a time with your favorite spice (I used everything but the bagel seasoning).
- Cook egg for 3 minutes. Repeat for 2nd egg.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast 2 slices of bread. I use a brand found locally in Chicago called Today's Temptations low carb bread.
- Chop up the kale and add 1 teaspoon of Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette. Look for it where the salad dressings are in your local store.
- To build the open faced sandwich. Add spicy mustard to each side of bread, 2 slices of ham on each side, divide the kale between each slice and add the egg waffle.
Other things I’ve made in my dash mini waffle maker:
I’ve added an egg, 1 cup frozen hash browns, cheese and spices – makes 3-4 egg/potato/cheese waffles.
Cook the egg as noted above. Add it to an English muffin, add cheese and put back in the waffle maker to melt the cheese.
I’ve shredded a fresh potato and zucchini – squeeze out the juice, add an egg and spices to make zucchini pancakes.
Let me know if you try this – Follow my on Instagram @jenncooks. Or Pin this for later.