So many variations of baked egg cups. I made another version over the weekend which was so delicious!
For my Weight Watcher Friends – Use THIS LINK to see how many #personalpoints it is on your plan!
Jenn Cooks Baked Egg Cups
- 6 eggs
- 6 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage patties thawed
- 6 tbsp salsa
- 6 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 baby bell peppers chopped
- 6 tbsp shallots chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Line a muffin tin with 6 liners.
- At the bottom of each muffin liner, add one turkey sausage patty.
- Add one tablespoon (each) salsa to each muffin liner
- Add 1 tablespoon (each) shredded mozzarella to each muffin liner
- Add 1 chopped (each) baby bell pepper to each muffin liner
- Add 1 tablespoon (each) chopped shallot
- Crack an egg into each muffin liner (I break the yolk, that's optional.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until it's set to your liking. I like mine well done – so I baked mine for 25 minutes.
Meal prepping has been a real life saver for me losing weight this time around. Even though I’m working from home, by meal prepping a few things it takes the decision making out of the equation. So I can just wake up and know what I’m going to eat for breakfast for example.
This is a great way to accessorize the egg cup. I had 2 wasa crisps with 27 grams of avocado and everything but the bagel seasoning. A bowl of strawberries.
To re-heat the egg cups, I just put them in my air fryer for 5 minutes at 360. OR I will microwave for 1 minute. These store in the fridge for 4 days. If you don’t finish them, they freeze great! Just thaw in the fridge the night before, or defrost in the microwave before heating.