If you are looking for a great chocolaty muffin – which is low in calories – read on!
For my Weight Watcher Friends – Use THIS LINK to have the #personalpoints for your plan on the New #personalpoints plan 2021.Jump to Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffin
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium bananas ripe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup sugar free syrup
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Eat Wanna Date spread
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp splenda for baking optional
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl
- Add 3 eggs, mix well
- Add peanut butter, mix well
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Add to muffin tin, I got 11 muffins
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each muffin and make swirl with toothpick.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
I love finding inspiration from other food bloggers, and taking the base of a recipe and trying to lighten it up to fit my calorie goals. It’s always a hit or miss, I’ve changed a recipe so much, it doesn’t work!
But for this recipe – adding sugar free syrup instead of maple syrup, adding the date spread instead of coconut oil, saved lots of calories and points.
Following Weight Watchers? – On the blue plan these are 7 smart points, or 200 calories, not bad as a snack, dessert or as part of your breakfast.
Great as part of your breakfast, because in my opinion – only 200 calories is a little to low to keep you full for the morning. I typically eat 400-500 calories for breakfast, no matter what the points. I am figuring out the calories using the loseit.com app. It’s a free app that you can track calories. It’s similar to the WW app in that you can add favorites, or scan food items. I’m 49 days straight counting calories and down 9 pounds, so I’ve been happy with that!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram! I post daily as well as share tips and weigh ins, new food finds, and recipes in my stories every day!
Want another muffin recipe? Try this one, for my jumbo chocolate muffins!