Welcome to another day of What I Eat in a Day on Weight Watchers! I shared a breakfast I made recently for breakfast nachos using canned refried beans. I had a lot of refried beans leftover, so I decided for my first meal of the day to make chicken, refried bean, peppers, onions and cheese burrito!
This came out so great! Excited to share What I Eat in a Day on Weight Watchers! Let’s get into how I made this in under 15 minutes.
For a time time saver, I cooked extra chicken breasts over the weekend. However – I cooked them about 3/4 of the way through so that whatever I was making with them, I could finish the cooking process and it wasn’t overdone.
Make sure to mark the container you are storing them “not fully cooked” in case someone in your house eats it – you don’t want to get anyone sick.
For this recipe I also used a burrito sized (La Banderita brand) flour tortilla – not a low carb wrap, or a low point version, I definitely could have saved points on a one point tortilla – but I wanted the real thing!
My tortilla was 7 personal points – but because the chicken, refried beans and veggies are free on my plan – I could fit this into my meal!
First Meal of the day 11:30 a.m. Chicken, bean and cheese burrito!
Chicken Bean and Cheese Burrito
- 1 large flour burrito
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
- 1/4 cup yellow and green bell pepper chopped
- 1/8 cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend
- 3 oz. cooked chicken breast diced
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt (for the dip)
- 1/4 cup green salsa
- yellow and green bell pepper strips (for the side)
- hatch chilies (for the side)
- Heat the flour in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften.
- Add 1/2 cup of the fat free refried beans over the tortilla
- Add the chopped cooked chicken, peppers, cheese.
- Fold the burrito and place seam side down in an air fryer. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook burrito on 400 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Afternoon Snack – What I Eat in a Day on Weight Watchers!
Same day refrigerated oats! You’ve heard of overnight oats, but you could definitley make this in the morning for an afternoon snack. Using just a few ingredients – stir it in a jar and you have a super filling and healthy snack!
My snack is 8 personal points on my WW plan.
Same Day refrigerated oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Safe & Fair Chocolate protein powder (could sub any protein powder)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- a few Lily's sugar free chocolate chips
- banana on top (optional)
- In a jar, add the oats, the protein powder. Stir well – get any clumps of the protein powder out. Add the unsweetened almond milk, the chia seeds, hemp seeds and stir well. Refrigerate for at least an hour – but if you make this while making breakfast – it's a perfect afternoon snack!
Dinner! Baked parmesan crusted cod fillets with frozen french fries!
Frequently I will buy frozen fish fillets – and most of the time, whatever brand I get, they are super greasy when you bake them, they don’t come out crispy and it’s just kind of gross. I bought frozen cod fillets at my local Mariano’s grocery store. The best part, is each fillet is individually sealed, so you can defrost just what you need.
Season each piece of cod with salt and pepper. On a small plate – add 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs and 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Lightly brush each of fish with olive oil
Take each piece of cod and dredge it in the panko/parmesan making sure each piece is coated well.
Bake at 450 degrees on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile I put frozen crinkle fries in my air fryer so they are nice and crispy.
Cod fillets are 1 point for 3 oz. on my WW plan – adding 4 points for the breading and 4 points for the frozen french fries – my dinner is 9 personal points.
You may love one of these recipes too!
Let me know if you have any questions or comments. If you want to try Weight Watchers free for a month- use this code!
And I would love it if you aren’t following me on Instagram – I’m @jenncooks