This breakfast was so good – I made it yesterday and dreamed about making it again today for breakfast! The loaded breakfast potato could be a new rotation for my breakfasts!
You can customize it with whatever you have on hand. I microwaved the baked potato, so no need to heat up an oven in the summer for an hour to make this!
What vegetables did I use?
Since today is Friday – I looked in my vegetable drawer to see what I had:
- a few baby bell peppers
- small yellow onion
- green onions
How do you cook a potato?
Since it’s summer time – I didn’t want to take the time or heat my kitchen up by baking a potato – so my easy method is just to cook it in the microwave for 5 minutes. I wash the skin well, pat dry, wrap in a paper towel and cook. While the potato is cooking, you can start assembling the toppings!
Loaded Breakfast Potato!
- 1 medium russet potato baked in microwave for 5 minutes
- 2 leaves kale diced
- 2 baby bell peppers diced
- 1 stalk broccolini diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 stalks green onions (white and green part) diced
- 1/8 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- lot of your favorite hot sauce!
- Wash and dry 1 russet potato, microwave for 5 minutes.
- While the potato is cooking, chop the vegetables.
- Heat a small skillet on medium heat - add a little cooking spray and start cooking the vegetables (about 3 minutes). Stirring occassionally.
- Crack 2 eggs into the skillet and scramble.
- Remove the baked potato from the microwave, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the scrambled egg mixture on top.
- Add the cheese, and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese
- Add your favorite hot sauce!
What other toppings could you use?
Some other favorite combos:
- Leftover taco meat, black beans, scrambled eggs, peppers and onions, salsa and avocado!
- Ham, broccoli, cheese and scrambed eggs
- Bacon, cheese, peppers and onions and scrambled eggs
I would love to hear your ideas too! Leave a comment below.
Need more breakfast inspiration? Check out a few of my favorites!
Need more recipe ideas?
Check out my Instagram @jenncooks – I post recipes every week – and definitely check out my stories to see behind the scenes what’s happening in my life 😍😍