It’s taken me many times trying spaghetti squash and now I love it! I think it was the texture maybe – or maybe I was cooking it too much and it was mushy? In this post I show you how to make air fried spaghetti squash boats with pasta sauce!
But now I absolutely LOVE spaghetti squash and my favorite way to eat it is with a rich meaty spaghetti sauce and cheese. And making these air fried spaghetti squash boats with pasta sauce was a great low point meal!
If you are new to my recipes – I don’t follow any certain food rules – I eat anything and I also will share vegan and vegetarian recipes too. The sauce I made today uses vegetarian meat crumbles – they come frozen in the freezer section – but I think that when you add vegetables and sauce and cheese – it tastes like ground beef!
This is the first time trying to air fry a spaghetti squash too. Mine was small, about a pound – but I cut it in half, added seasonings (salt, pepper and oregano and crushed red pepper flakes). Place skin side down in the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes. You know it’s done when the sides come free with a fork to make spaghetti strands.
How to Air Fry a Spaghetti Squash
Air Fried Spaghetti Squash Boats with pasta sauce
- 1/2 small spaghetti squash, removed of seeds
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used Classico brand)
- 1 cup vegetarian "meat" crumbles I used Morningstar brand
- 1/8 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- Cut a small spaghetti squash, remove the seeds.
- Use 1/2 the spaghetti squash – add salt, pepper, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place in an air fyer, skin side down. Air fry at 400 for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, in a small pot, add the onion, and garlic with a little cooking spray and saute for several minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the frozen vegetarian crumbles and stir to combine with the onion and garlic.
- Add the 1/2 cup of pizza sauce and simmer until the spaghetti squash is done.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the air fryer. Using a fork, shred the flesh of the squash to make spaghetti strands.
- Add the pasta sauce, top with cheese and enjoy!
This was so delicious and filling! I will definitely make this again!
Here are some other recipes of mine you may like!