Update 2022: For my Weight Watcher Friends – use THIS LINK to have this recipe added t your recipe builder and it will calculate YOUR #personalpoints!
How I make a breakfast hash in less than 15 minutes? I am pretty sure you have a combination of ingredients already in your fridge to make this! When I’m not sure what I want for breakfast, or I am short on time, a breakfast hash is always a great way to start the day!
You could even make this on the go – transfer to a mason jar or Tupperware to eat when you get to work.
Having a large bag of baking potatoes in my pantry is always a great idea. To make this hash quicker, I’ll wash a couple potatoes and cook them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or if your microwave has a baked potato setting use that.
While the potatoes are cooking, you can start with the rest of the ingredients!
The star of this breakfast hash is definitely Amylu Chipotle Pepper Chicken sausage – only 2 points on all Weight Watcher plans or 100 calories. The seasoning is amazing and coats the vegetables, so the only other spices I used was a little salt and pepper.
Jenn Cooks 15 minute breakfast hash
- 2 small baked potatoes
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 baby bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Amylu brand chipotle pepper chicken sausage sliced
- 2 stalks asparagus chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro if you have it!
- Wash the baked potatoes and microwave for 3-4 minutes.While the potatoes are cooking, chop up the rest of your ingredients and add them to a skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook on medium heat – stirring occasionally. When the potatoes are cooked, dice them up, add them to the skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Need more breakfast ideas! I’ve got lots!! Click THIS LINK for the breakfast category on my site.
A breakfast hash can be pretty much anything. I’ve added scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh tomatoes, peppers from my garden – most vegetables would be great in a breakfast hash.
Definitely let me know if you try this – follow me every day on Instagram @jenncooks