Typically every week I cook chicken breasts for dinner – but always make leftover so I can morph them into something else. This is such an easy lunch or dinner idea – literally ready in 10 minutes. I do have a few shortcuts to make it go faster too! Using storebought marinade makes this jerk chicken and vegetables so easy to make! Weight Watchers Personal Points: Click here to add to your tracker
Marinades and spices can really make plain chicken breast a million times better. The marinade I’m using for this is one you can find at your local store – Lawry’s Brand Jerk Marinade. (You can use this marinade too to make shrimp tacos!)
Jerk Chicken with Vegetables
- 1 4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast 75 % cooked*
- 4 baby new potatoes
- 3 spears asparagus
- 4 green onions
- 5 baby bell peppers
- 1/4 white onion
- Wash the baby potatoes and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- Add the chicken breast, asparagus, green onions, peppers and white onion to the air fryer.
- Cook at 400 for 8 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of the jerk marinade and cook for another 2 minutes.
Another perfect example of how easy it can be to eat great and have a big portion and eat healthy!
If you don’t have an air fryer – all of this can be heated up in a skillet. I would saute the vegetables and potatoes first, then add the chicken for the last 5 minutes to finish cooking and heat through.
Other recipes you may like!
Tag me if you make any of these on Instagram @jenncooks – and I would love a follow if you aren’t following me already!