Egg rolls are probably one of my top favorite things to make. So many options for the fillings! I’ve made the traditional egg rolls with ground chicken, veggies, cabbage. But the filling I used for this recipe uses an ingredient you may not use all the time – canned chicken to make these delicious and crunchy air fried southwest egg rolls!
I buy organic canned chicken from Whole Foods. It’s 100% pure chicken breast – its not packed in oil and it’s perfect for making this filling – nothing is cooked before air frying. You of course could also add cooked chicken breast.
Can I bake these instead of air frying?
If you don’t have an air fryer – you most definitely can bake these at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
Are you a fan of air fried Southwest Egg rolls? Have you had them before?
Air Fried Southwest Egg Rolls
- 5 oz. can of chicken
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper diced
- 4 baby bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed if using from a can
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1 laughing cow cheese wedge
- 3 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- In a bowl, add all the filling ingredients and stir well.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of filling to each egg roll wrapper (there is enough filling for 7 egg rolls – store the leftover filling in the fridge if making one serving.
- Fold the egg roll wrappers and place seam side down in the air fryer basket.
- Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping half way.
Where do I get my recipe ideas?
Shoutout to Nikki – at Nikki Gets Fit. She’s a friend of mine on Instagram and lost over 70 pounds on Weight Watchers and she has lots of great recipe ideas. Check out her YOUTUBE channel here. She shares food hauls, what she eats in a day, food finds, product reviews and more!