I started a series on my Instagram – of what I make using won ton wrappers. This is the 3rd installment – I made pizza won tons and chicken sausage and artichoke dip won tons. These Italian Turkey Meatball won ton cups came out super delicious and crispy!
Do I need to use Ground Turkey to make these Italian Turkey Meatball won ton cups?
I used 99% lean ground turkey to make these meatballs. I’m on Weight Watchers and for me, the leanest ground turkey is zero points – so that’s what I used. You could sub ground beef, or ground chicken in this recipe and it would turn out great too!
What won ton wrappers do I use?
How to Make Italian Turkey Meatball Won Ton Cups
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground Turkey I buy Purdue brand
- 1 tbsp pizza spices (oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, basil)
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Classico pizza sauce
- 1/8 cup shredded Mozarella cheese
- Place the ground turkey in a bowl or ziploc bag.
- Add the rest of the spices, bread crumbs.
- Mix well with a spoon, or if you are using a Ziploc bag, seal and just squish the bag with your hands to distribute the spices with the turkey.
Check out this recipe for Taco Turkey Meatballs!
I love making a batch of meatballs to use them different ways during the week. Here are some other options of what to make with these Italian Turkey Meatballs:
Meatball sub! Add pizza sauce and mozarella cheese on a toasted roll
Add meatballs to soup! These can be added to canned soups, or make your own and add meatballs to make it more filling!
Meatball pizza! Small pita, slice the meatballs in half, add pizza sauce, veggies and cheese – bake until golden.
What is your favorite way to eat meatballs? Definitely tag me on Instagram if you try this! @jenncooks