I love to cook – and think about recipes, reading recipes, watching what I eat in a day videos for inspiration, but even I want a quick dinner once in a while and these fish stick tacos never fail! Here is how to make fish stick tacos.
Using storebought frozen fish fillets – I like Gorton’s brand this dinner comes together so fast and I’ll share some tips on easy cleanup too!
What toppings do I suggest for fish stick tacos?
The best part of making this dinner – so many options for toppings – here are some of my favorite:
- red onion
- red cabbage
- tartar sauce
- hot sauce
- blue cheese or feta cheese
- sliced jalapeno
- jarred jalapeno
- banana peppers
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- baby bell peppers
PRO TIP! I lay out all the toppings on parchment paper – so after dinner, if there is any leftover vegetables, I can easily transfer them to a jar or container to add to my salad the next day. No need to put each topping in a bowl or dish.
What kind of tortillas should I use for fish stick tacos?
For this recipe – I used flour tortillas – specifically – Mission brand keto street tacos. These are small tortillas – but you can still fill them up with lots of toppings. For my Weight Watcher friends – each tortillas is 1 point – you can have 4 for only 3 points! Feel free to use corn tortillas or your favorite one.
How to Make Fish Stick Tacos
- 2 servings frozen fish fillets
- 8 Mission keto street tortillas
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 tbsp tartar sauce
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa
- 1 lime
- Bake or air fry frozen fish sticks according to package instructions.
- While the fish sticks are baking, add whatever vegetables you like for toppings. See topping ideas in my post
- Heat tacos in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Add 1-2 fish sticks per tortilla - add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
For my Weight Watcher friends – 6 fish sticks are only 7 points – making this a low point meal idea.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Check out these:
Leave a comment if you have any questions – follow me on Instagram @jenncooks