Most of the time, I don’t really know what I’m going to make for lunch. Sometimes I meal prep – but other times I think of one ingredient and go off of that. I really had a taste for air fried potatoes! I love how crispy they get in the air fryer. The Air fried potato bowl was born from there!
Baby new potatoes are always a staple in my house. They are great because they cook fast – although I did cut them in quarters and put in the microwave for 2 minutes before adding them to the air fryer – I’ll explain in the recipe.
This turned out so amazing – love when that happens when I have no idea what exactly I’m making. After I decided on potatoes, I also had baby bell peppers and a red onion, so that was going in the air fryer too! Then I remembered in my freezer I had frozen fire roasted corn, and canned black beans which I had in the freezer too. And to make it even more deluxe – I had 1/2 an avocado!
Air Fried Potato Bowl!
Air Fryer Potato Bowl
- 4 baby new potatoes cut into quarters
- 4 baby bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup frozen fire roasted corn
- 1/2 cup black beans (frozen or canned)
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 tbsp avocado tomatillo salsa *I got the salsa at Aldi
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into quarter. Place on a paper towel in the microwave and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, and add them to the bottom of the air fryer basket. Spray with a little cooking spray. Season with the spices (I used cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Add the diced bell peppers and red onion to the air fryer.
- Add the frozen corn and black beans
- Bake at 400 – for 10-12 minutes – or until the potatoes have browned. (Check on it every 5 minutes and stir.
- Take a large bowl, add mixed greens to the bottom, add some of the salsa for a salad dressing.
- Take the cooked vegetables from the air fryer and add on top of the greens.
- Add 1/2 a sliced avocado and sprinkle with everything but the bagel seasoning.
Avocado Tomatillos Salsa!
The next time you are at Aldi Foods – look for this amazing salsa. I’ve had it with chips, on this lunch, on tacos, in a burrito, as the base of a mexican pizza – I could drink it – it’s that good! This is another example that you can just throw things together with what you have on hand and it can turn out great!
Check out these other recipes you may like!
Leave a comment below if you have any questions – follow me daily for behind the scenes in my stories and new recipes I post every day! @jenncooks