I have had a number of kitchen gadgets over the years that I thought I couldn’t live without, and once I got it and used it a few times, it goes right back on the shelf to collect dust!
Examples are my spiralizer, my juicer, personal blender – I only use them maybe once a month – if that! So when my birthday was rolling around, I saw that Crate and Barrell had the Instant Pot on sale – I really wanted to not only get it, but if I got it, use it all the time!
Not going to lie, it took me a few weeks to take it out of the box. It’s really intimidating looking, there are so many buttons, I’ve never used a pressure cooker before – and the warnings in the manual – I was afraid to try it – LOL.
Now I have used it 4x for various things – and I’m not sure why I was so hesitant – there are so many tutorials out there and Gina from Skinny Taste has a ton of recipes for it too.
A favorite thing of mine to do is at the end of the week, when I have veggies that need to be eaten or about to be thrown away – I make some kind of soup. I had all the ingredients for Chicken Tortilla Soup.
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 stalks green onions
- 4 baby bell peppers
- 1/2 green pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts (can be frozen or not)
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 teaspoon Daks Original Red Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Daks Taco Night Seasoning
- Turn the Instant Pot on sauté setting. Add the chopped veggies and cook for several minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, add the lid and set the panel to pressure cook. The timer set at 30 minutes. It takes 10-15 minutes for the pressure to come up and then the soup cooked for 15 minutes.
- Just using food in my fridge, freezer and as it happened – all the ingredients I used were ZERO points if you are following www.weightwatchers.com #blueplan
Do you have an Instant Pot – what’s your favorite thing to make in it so far?
I invite you to follow me on Instagram I post there almost every day and share lots of tips and tricks in my stories!