Welcome back to another day of showing what I eat while in a day following Weight Watchers. This post is actually for anyone who is looking for creative ways to eat great on a healthy lifestyle journey. I’ve been changing up a few things how I eat in a day. Specifically – I’m not eating my first meal until I’m actually hungry. For years I’ve automatically just eaten when I get up – or make breakfast and start my work day right away.
There are a few reasons why this has made a difference losing over 10 pounds the last 7 weeks. Instead of having a large breakfast – I am having a smaller first meal – then a snack later afternoon, dinner, then maybe a snack at night. I’ve been able to stay within my points budget better and I feel like I’m still eating a lot!
First Meat – Yogurt Bowl
My first meal was at 11:30 a.m. I had a meeting at lunch which meant if I didn’t eat something – I wouldn’t eat my first meal until after 2 and that would have been a disaster to wait that long! LOL. My favorite yogurt BY FAR is Siggis brand yogurt. The texture is amazing, it’s super smooth and creamy. My bowl was 1.5 cups of Siggi’s yogurt mixed with 2 teaspoons sugar free vanilla pudding powder. The pudding powder makes it sweet. Then I added 1/2 cup fresh blueberries on top. On my Weight Watchers plan it’s 6 points. (I’m diabetic, so I have to count points for fruit).
Lunch – Air Fried Spaghetti Squash boats
You wouldn’t know it now, but growing up I was THE PICKIEST eater! I didn’t love a bunch of vegetables, I didn’t like to try new foods, I didn’t like my food touching each other on a plate even! Fast forward, when I started my first food blog www.slim-shoppin.com with the intention of sharing recipes I loved, but to also get me out of my comfort zone and keep trying more vegetables. It worked and now I’m so much more adventurous in the kitchen and I love trying new things. One vegetable I kept trying many times was spaghetti squash. No matter how I prepared it, I still wasn’t a fan. My tip from me to you – if you try something you don’t like, keep trying it in different ways. Now I am a HUGE fan of spaghetti squash.
Jenn Cooks Air Fried Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 1/2 spaghetti squash seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce I use Classico Fire Roasted Brand
- 1 cup Morning Star Farms ground "beef" crumbles *Vegetarian beef – found in the freezer section of your store
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese blend
- Cut a small spaghetti squash in half, scoop the seeds out. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook in an air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, in a small pot, add the onion and garlic with a little cooking spray and saute for several minutes.
- Add the "beef" crumbles and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the pizza sauce and simmer until the spaghetti squash is cooked.
- Remove spaghetti squash from the air fryer, using a fork, shred the flesh – it will look like spaghetti!
- Add the sauce on top, add the cheese and enjoy!
Dinner – Chicken Pesto Naan
Over the weekend, my husband and I grilled a bunch of chicken breasts over the weekend. They came out perfect – we made a giant salad one night and we were thinking what we could make when I remembered I bought mini Naan bread at Aldi.
We cut up one chicken breast into slices. I toasted 2 naan in the toaster. As soon as it was out of the toaster I added 1 tablepsoon pesto between the 2 naan. Added the cooked chicken, mixed greens and avocado. Seasoned with a little everything but the bagel seasoning. This turned out so great! And no cooking invloved!
For 2 of these sandwiches was 11 personal points for me. I loved that dinner came together in minutes and we were able to use more of the grilled chicken we made.
Let me know if you have any questions – or if you have a recipe you want lightened up!
Follow me on Instagram @jenncooks!
Check out these other recipes you may like!