Frequently I make vegan recipes because two of my adult kids have been vegan for a while now and I like to make things they can enjoy! I will explain how to make these very easy vegan blueberry muffins!
Looking back on my first food blog – I remembered a blueberry muffin I made a long time ago, and wanted to recreate it. Except this revamp I made these vegan!
That original recipe is here – and is quite delicious! For that version I added lime juice and zest of lime but I wanted to make a few adjustments to this recipe.
For the NEW PERSONAL POINTS WW Plan – here is the link to add this to your WW app. For me – each muffin is 5 personal points.
Jenn Cooks Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1.5 cups oat milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Make a vegan egg – by adding 1 tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except blueberries – stir to combine.
- Last, add the blueberries and gently fold in.
- Add to a 12 count muffin tin, I used paper liners – 1/4 cup batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Definitely tag me in Instagram @jenncooks if you make these!
What is you favorite muffin?