How to use baby bell peppers to make any meal or create a new meal using leftovers.
One thing I try to do is not waste food. I have a problem when I’m making dinner for my family to make too much food, so there always leftovers that I try to use up for my lunches. If you are a baby bell pepper fan like me, you will find that these are the perfect vehicle for a snack or meal!
Various things you can make – stuff them with egg salad, or cream cheese, sliced turkey and cheese and mustard, leftover sloppy joes, or try my dish of filling with leftover taco meat.
Jenn Cooks Taco Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
- 5 oz. taco meat made with 90% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- hot sauce
- banana peppers
- 6 baby bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- Cut each baby bell pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- Heat the taco meat and divide between the baby bell peppers.
- Add the cheese, and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Add the toppings, I used red cabbage, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, banana peppers