Green beans are about my favorite vegetable. Tonight I made an awesome dish with green beans that I want to share with you.
- 1/2 pound of fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/4 of a large red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few squeezes of honey
First, I drizzled a little olive oil in a skillet and added the onions and garlic and cooked that for a few minutes. I added the green beans (I used frozen) and sauteed them for about 5-7 minutes. Next, I added the balsamic vinegar and the honey and cooked for another 3 minutes or so, or until the green beans are to your desired consistency. It kind of caramelized the onions and garlic and green beans and it turned out fantastic!