I saw this recipe on Whole Foods web site and I made them to include in my kids lunches this week. We all tried one and they taste awesome!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of your favorite trail mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the oats, granola and coconut and trail mix on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. In a small sauce pan add the peanut butter, honey and brown sugar, and heat on low until the brown sugar is dissolved. Add the oat/granola mixture to the peanut butter mixture and let cool. Using your hands, make 12 balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to set.
- Each granola ball is 220 calories, 9 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. If you want, you could try to make smaller granola balls and then adjust the calories.