Growing up, my dad made THE BEST banana bread – this banana bread reminds me of his. I love adding cocoa powder to the batter to make it extra chocolatey!
For my Weight Watcher friends – use THIS link on your phone to add this recipe to your Weight Watcher recipes and it will adjust it to your #personalpoints plan (2022 version of @ww).
OR use the QR code to be taken to my recipe on the WW app and you can save it there.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 small bananas
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds optional
- 1.5 servings Lily's brand sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- splash vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, add everything except the flour and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Insert a toothpick – if it comes out clean – it's done. I started checking at the 30 minute mark and at 30 minutes – it was still gooey on the inside!
- Let cool before removing from the pan.
This bread is great to meal prep for afternoon snacks – make a few loaves if you are hosting brunch. I also will freeze the slices and can either heat them up in my air fryer, or let defrost and eat cold, or heat in the microwave.
If you like this type of recipe – search MUFFIN of the week on my site – I have tons of muffin recipes that I lightened up.