Yesterday I posted a recipe for tomatillo salsa. It was so fantastic! I love green salsa, so it was a weird coincidence that flipping through an old Cooking Light magazine, I saw a recipe for spicy shrimp tacos with tomatillo salsa! I think that was my cue to make that dish using my salsa. I changed the recipe a little and did a quicker version, because the Cooking Light version had you grilling the shrimp and because I didn’t feel like going to those lengths to cook something for a few minutes, I opted to use a skillet to cook the shrimp instead.
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 TB. Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (the recipe called for regular cabbage, I liked the color of red!)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
Cook shrimp in a non stick skillet coated with cooking spray for a few minutes per side, or until no longer pink. In a separate bowl, add the spices and stir until mixed. Add the cooked shrimp to the bowl of spices and cover to coat.
- Divide the shrimp between 8 tortillas (2 tortillas per serving)
- Add the cabbage and carrot
- Top with the tomatillo salsa & dollop of sour cream if desired.
Each serving is 252 calories, 3.9 fat and 5.5 fiber.