I used my twin sister’s recipe for her Skinny Pizza Dough for the crust of the quiche. I love making quiches, because I use what vegetables I have, or for this instance – I used a whole bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
Since I used frozen vegetables, I sent a question to my Instagram followers – whether or not to cook the frozen vegetables first, or add them to the filling frozen, and I got a resounding – cook first, then remove any excess moisture and that worked!
Jenn’s vegetable quiche
- 1 bag frozen vegetables carrots, peas and green beans
- 2 green onions shopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped, seeds removed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 oz skinny pizza dough*
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 eggs
- Spread 7 oz. of skinny pizza dough on the bottom of a pie plate. I baked the crust for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, add the cooked vegetables, the eggs, spices (except cheese) and stir well. Pour the egg mixture with vegetables on top of the par-baked crust. Add the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into slices.
Quiches are so great because you can add whatever you have on hand. I’ve added diced ham and asparagus and cheddar cheese, or turkey pepperoni and salsa to the egg mixture. You can also make this ahead for brunch and eat it room temperature!
What’s your favorite kind of quiche?