Using leftover taco meat – (click here for that recipe!) – I want to show you how I Maket Taco Pita Pizzas! These are ready in under 15 mintues. Great for lunch or dinner for one person, or make as many as you need. The taco filling recipe I linked is enough for 12 tacos. This is what I make that is so good with the leftover filling.
What kind of pita should I use?
You will find MANY different types of pita breads out there. I personally like Joseph’s brand – I find it at Walmart and lots of grocery stores have it. I am on Weight Watchers – Here is a link for a free month of WW if you would like to try it! The Joseph’s pita is only 1 personal point for me – so that’s amazing!
Taco Pita Pizza for 1
- 1 pita bread
- 3 tbsp. black bean hummus
- 1/4 cup taco filling
- 1/8 cup Mexican cheese blend
- pickled jalapeno for topping after baking
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, add the pita, black bean hummus, taco meat, cheese. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
- remove from the oven. I added pickled jalapeno and micro greens. So good!
New product alert!
The base of my pita pizza – I used black bean hummus! I’ve never had it before – one of my Instagram friends Nikki uses it in her recipes when she makes burritos. I loved it! So creamy and a little spicy. The brand I used was Lantana – I found it at my local store Marianos.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
Jenn Cooks Taco Filling (the taco meat for this pita pizza)