Who doesn’t love cookie dough?! I’m excited to share this edible cookie dough recipe!
One of my favorite things about being a food blogger is that on all social media platforms I follow mostly other foodies and chefs so there is never a shortage of ideas, collaborating, or taking a recipe I see online and making it my own.
Last week I found Claire Nolan (Check out her Instagram here) she has tons of great easy and healthy recipes. She posted her recipe and I was instantly intrigued. She took old fashioned oats, blitzed that in a blender to make oat flour and just a few other ingredients.
Searching the internet for other edible cookie dough, I found LOTS that had butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips and you guessed it – lots of calories and high in Weight Watcher points!
What is the difference between cookie dough and edible cookie dough?
Edible cookie dough doesn’t have flour or eggs. You can’t eat raw flour. This recipe uses ground oats and no eggs, so it’s perfectly safe to eat!
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats blended in a blender to make oat flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder *I used Orgain Brand
- 1 TB. sugar free syrup *I used Log Cabin Brand
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 30 lily's sugar free chocolate chips
- pinch baking powder
- 1-2 TB. almond milk
- Place the oats in a blender – blend until you get oat flour. Add that to a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the almond milk
- Add 1 tablespoon at a time almond milk to get the consistency you want. Mine was like a thick batter.
- I put my bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. (optional) can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge for later.
Want more sweet treat recipes?
Here are a few ideas for mixins:
Diced apple, chopped walnuts, dried fruit, banana chips. What ideas do you have?
For the protein powder in this recipe – I used Orgain Brand Vanilla.