Weeknight dinner just better! This super delicious chicken sausage and vegetable skillet dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. The star of the show is Amy Lu Foods brand chicken sausages. The sausages are fully cooked – so reheating them with your favorite vegetables is quick!
Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Dinner
- 2 cups fresh broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 7 baby bell peppers diced
- 4 links Chipotle Chicken Sausages (I use Amy Lu foods brand)
- In a large skillet – add cooking spray and heat on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occassionally until they start to soften.
- Add the 4 links of chicken sausages, sliced.
- Cook for another 8-10 minutes.
Weeknight meal planning is so tough for a lot of families – whether you have young kids in activities, you have to work late, and this chicken sausage and vegetable skillet dinner is quicker than ordering a pizza!
Why use Chicken Sausages to make this skillet dinner?
If you’ve never tried chicken sausages, they are way less calories and fat than the pork version. Amy Lu Foods is my favorite (look for it near the bacon, lunch meat at your local store) or check out this store finder!
Want other one skillet dinner ideas?
Tips for quick and easy weeknight dinners!
I used to try to make everything homemade for dinners. But working full time – and having 3 kids – when they were growing up that was impossible. Adding these to my freezer/pantry has helped a lot:
- Frozen diced onions – super cheap and they last in your freezer forever. I add them to stir fry’s, eggs, soups, stews.
- Frozen brown rice – add cilantro and lime juice for copycat Chipotle lime rice.
- Frozen chicken tenders – MY FAVORITE IS JUST BARE brand – sorry for shouting – but there are so many shitty frozen tenders out there – LOL.
- Microwave rice – look for it in the rice aisle. Single serve cups or pouches of rice you just have to microwave in 90 seconds.
- Crushed tomatoes. I make an easy marinara, adding oregano, salt, pepper, garlic and diced onion to serve over pasta- another quick dinner idea.
- Canned soups. So many good ones now on the shelf – my favorite brand is Amy’s.
I would love to hear what shortcuts you have for quick dinners! Follow my on Instagram @jenncooks and tag me if you make this!