I have to thank Kristi for bestowing this award to me! Thanks Kristi! If you haven’t been over to her site, she also has healthy dishes, with nutritional value/weight watchers points!
So, now I have to tell you 7 things you may not know about me:
1. I make jewelry. I started taking beading classes about 8 years ago. I make earrings, bracelets, necklaces. I’ve done craft fairs, a few art fairs and even sold some of my pieces in a local store in my home town.
2. I am NOT a morning person! I frequently hit the snooze 2-3 times before waking up and wake up at the last possible second! Maybe its because I go to bed around midnight every day!
3. I’ve had 2 jobs in the last 18 years. I worked as a personal banker for a BIG bank in Chicago for 13 1/2 years about a mile from my house. Now I work at an architecture firm about 1 1/2 miles from my house! I LOVE no commute (which also helps with my hitting the snooze button, I’m not going to get stuck in traffic!)
4. When my sister and I went away to college (she went to Southern Illinois and I was at Iowa State) our long distance phone bills were out of control! Despite pleading by our parents to cut it out (one bill was $500.00 one month!) our long distance privileges were taken away. SO, we would record what we wanted to tell each other on a cassette tape (no texting back then!) and I would mail it to her. She would listen to it, record over it and send the tape back! I think she still has the tape, its super funny to listen to now!
5. My dad went back to school when I was in Jr. High to become a chef. He spent TONS of time in the kitchen making things (which was awesome!) My friends would love sleeping over because he would make a feast for breakfast. He passed away 11 years ago, but I think he would be proud of my blog, my sister’s blog and my brother’s blog!
6. I’ve never fought with my brother EVER! He’s too funny to get mad at. I love you bro!
7. By now you know, I LOVE blogging and I’ve had such a great time meeting such a fantastic, supportive, wonderful group of people!
I have to pass this on, but I will do that on another post, I have to get ready for work!!
Have a great day everyone!