My kids love Popsicles pretty much all year round! I think its a much better alternative to ice cream and they love it more than that. When I was at Trader Joe’s last weekend, I stocked up on their frozen mangos, frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple chunks. Using this simple recipe, you can make home made Popsicles all year long (and I can eat them too!)
- 2 cups mixed fruit (I used the fruits mentioned above) pineapple, blueberries, mangos.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (I used fresh)
- Put all fruit in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water, if necessary.
- Add sugar and lemon juice. Cover and blend until well mixed.
- Pour into 4 oz. ice-pop molds or paper cups. Insert sticks. Freeze until solid.
Each cup is only 36 calories!
I don’t have a Popsicle molds, or sticks. I just put them in styrofoam cups and my kids dig it out with a spoon. It’s so good! Trader Joe’s frozen fruits are so inexpensive. Almost all of them are $2-$3 dollars a bag vs. $6 and up at a regular store.