The other day I mentioned Bolthouse 100% fruit and veggie drinks and I have 3 coupons to give away!!!
I drew names out of a hat!
The winners picked are:
Congrats to all, just e-mail me your address at email@example.com (except for you Deb, I know your address!!!
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…..my weigh in. After 9 days of eating TONS fo fruits and veggies, I stepped on the scale and was SHOCKED to see I had lost 5 POUNDS!!
I have never ever ever ever ever ever ever lost 5 pounds the week of Halloween!! I think I’ve GAINED that in the past though!!!
AND….I moved down to the next set of numbers on the scale, a number I haven’t seen in a super long time, so I was ecstatic about that for sure!!!
I think since I survived the whole Halloween thing, it gives me hope to still lose during this Holiday Season!!
My Mom sent me a link to Eat Better America’s web site the other day. They have tons of great ideas, as well as “Healthified” meals in which they take recipes, and replace them with healthier things, but still making them taste great. This recipe in particular had my name written all over it!
Cheesy Pizza Pasta
prep time:30 min
start to finish:1 hr 10 min
makes:12 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each)
3 3/4 cups uncooked regular or multigrain rotini pasta (12 oz)
3/4 lb lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (6 cups)
1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
1 jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic Italian herb pasta sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 package (6 oz) sliced turkey pepperoni
1 bag (8 oz) shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain; return to Dutch oven.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, crumble sausage. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain if necessary.
3. Add onion and mushrooms to sausage in skillet; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pasta sauce and basil. Heat just to boiling.
4. Add sausage mixture, pepperoni and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese to pasta in Dutch oven; stir until well mixed. Spread in ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
1 serving (1 1/4 cup): Calories 290; Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 940mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 20g
Enjoy your Saturday, it’s going to be beautiful in Chicago this weekend!!!