I brought this for lunch today, and because I like it so much, it will be my lunch for the next two days too! I found this recipe from Fitness Magazine. I assembled it at work and put it in the toaster oven. I think if you were to make it, then refrigerate it and heat it up the next day, it may be too soft.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup shredded asadero, queso quesadilla, or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 4 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped assorted fresh vegetables such as sweet pepper, carrots, zucchini, onion, and/or broccoli
In a medium bowl stir together cooked wild rice, cheese, the 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa, and cilantro.
Place a tortilla in a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle. Top with half of the rice mixture and half of the vegetables. Top with another tortilla. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until cheese is almost melted. Carefully turn tortilla over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until rice mixture is heated through. Remove quesadilla from skillet; repeat with remaining ingredients.
To serve, cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles. Serve with additional salsa.
Nutrition facts per serving:
- Servings Per Recipe 3 servings
- Calories 360
- Total Fat (g) 15
- Saturated Fat (g) 8
- Cholesterol (mg) 34
- Carbohydrate (g) 41
- Fiber (g) 3
- Protein (g) 16
- Vitamin A (DV%) 48
- Vitamin C (DV%) 41