I’ve mentioned before that I get a lot of my recipe ideas from Fitness Magazine. I love their recipes, because its normal food, easy ingredients, and manageable even if you don’t cook much. These will be on my menu this weekend, but I wanted to share the recipe now, in case you would like to incorporate it into your weekend 4th of July BBQ!
Here is the recipe!
Pork & Veggie Kebabs
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Marinate: 1 hour
Grill: 10 minutes
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for serving
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
12 cherry tomatoes
1. For marinade, whisk together oil, garlic, and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Stir in parsley, rosemary, thyme, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper.
2. Place pork in a large resealable bag and spoon in 4 tablespoons of the marinade. Place zucchini, squash, and tomatoes in another large resealable bag; cover with the rest of the marinade. Seal both bags and shake to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
3. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or prepare a charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
4. Thread metal skewers separately with pork and vegetables. Grill vegetables about 5 minutes per side and pork about 3 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reads 155 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
5. To serve, season with salt to taste.
Nutrition facts per serving: 367 calories, 36g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 21g fat (4g saturated), 2g fiber
Hope everyone has great plans for this weekend!