I was watching Food TV and they showed a recipe for Olive Oil Braised Potatoes. It was on the show Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. I did make a few modifications because in his recipe he used 1 cup of olive oil! I used only 3 tablespoons.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- 5 russet or Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons of olive oilsalt and pepper to taste
- In a big Ziploc bag, I tossed the sliced potatoes, garlic and oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Dump them on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary.
- Cook for about 15 minutes and then turn them over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- After the potatoes are cooked, you can take the rosemary off the sprig and just sprinkle it over the potatoes.
- I baked these on a silpat, or you can use parchment paper so they won’t stick to the cookie sheet.
I have made homemade french fries before, and I have diced potatoes to make hash browns, I have shredded potatoes for potato pancakes, but I have never cut them in thick slices before like that. They turned out great!