It’s okay to make something not so healthy if you are giving it to someone else right? I still haven’t celebrated Christmas with my side of the family due to my Mom was out of town and my sister’s husband was in the hospital, so we were all set for celebrating tonight, when the weather didn’t cooperate. It’s been snowing non stop for hours and my sister lives about 50 miles from where my Mom and I live, so we had to postpone it until tomorrow and hopefully the roads will be plowed. So, with extra time, and presents wrapped, I decided to throw together a special treat to give to my sisters family. Here is my daughter holding oneI used the following ingredients:
- Almond bark chocolate (the kind for candy making-next to chocolate chips at the store).
- I threw in some granola
- about a cup of rice crispy’s cereal
- and poured in some peanuts
- Melt chocolate in a plastic bowl in the microwave in 20 second increments until its all melted. It shouldn’t take longer than 45 seconds.
- Add as much granola as you like.
- Throw in some rice crispy’s
- Add some peanuts.
- Stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Place by spoonfuls on wax paper until the chocolate is set, about a minute.
They turned out fantastic….I had to taste it right? I’m putting them in a nice dish she can keep and covering it with colored Saran wrap tied with ribbons. The best thing about this is it took about 15 minutes from start to finish!